Frequently Asked Questions
What are the requirements to join the club?
The requirements to join the bowling club are as follows:
- Must be a Texas Tech student (undergraduate or graduate), faculty, or staff member
- If a student, must be enrolled at Texas Tech University for at least 12 semester hours (fall and spring semester)
- If a student, must have a minimum GPA of 2.0
- Must have a commitment to attend practice and participate in scheduled tournaments
- Must participate in bowling fundraising events, and community service events to support your club
When and where are practices held?
- All practices are located at Whitewood Lanes.
- Our practice schedule page has more information on practice times
Is this an NCAA sport?
- No. Tech Bowling is a University Club and not affiliated with the NCAA, but we are a part of USBC (United States Bowling Congress) Collegiate Bowling.